With age, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to keep our youth figure, and the reason for that is clear – about 30 years, metabolism slows down considerably. That is why we need to be more careful about how much we eat. In addition, 30 people usually have families and a career, so they have less time for sports and a healthy menu. But no one wants to lose shape.
What to do?
1. Discard Artificial Sweeteners. They contain few calories, but according to some studies, they can actually increase the feeling of hunger, which ultimately leads to the consumption of excess food. Additionally, aspartame sweetens into the intestinal tract the activity of a ferment that can prevent obesity, diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
2. Save with beans. Consuming a portion of such a meal per day (beans, peas, chickpeas, lentils) can help permanently lose weight. At St. Michael’s Hospital in Canada, 21 clinical trials were conducted on 940 elderly people. The experiments showed that men and women took down half a kilogram for six weeks by just adding a portion of beans every day to their menu. They contain plenty of protein and fiber and increase satiety by 31%.
3. Eat more useful bacteria. Chinese scientists say the use of probiotics (yoghurt, sauerkraut, soup misho) can lead to a lower body mass index. The greatest decrease in BMI is seen in overweight people, especially when consuming more than one probiotic for at least 8 weeks.
4. Discover the master chef in yourself. Use your kitchen as intended as often as possible. Simple and quick to prepare dishes can also be healthy. Frozen cereals, canned salmon, beans with fresh spices, avocados, walnuts and fresh fruits – all you can do at home. A quick recipe – fry vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes), add them in vegetable broth, season with turmeric, pepper and basil, set with an egg. Serve the soup with an avocado half.
5. Have breakfast properly. A simple way to lose extra pounds and keep weight is to start your day with breakfast, rich in protein. Studies show that it will soothe your appetite and reduce the number of calories you take during the day. An exemplary recipe for such a snack is the vegetable omelet. Eggs will help you last longer without eating than if you were eating a muffin with the same number of calories.
6. Follow the gold rule for five hours. If left without food, the body slows down the metabolism. So keep the rule of not starving for more than 5 hours (except for the night, of course). For example, if you dine at 12:00, and have dinner at 19:00, it is a good idea to have an afternoon snack to keep your metabolism at the right speed.
7. Shorter and faster training. Changing short but intense exercises in quick succession will not only help you to lose a few pounds, but it is also a good prevention against second-line diabetes. Experts at the University of Leicester (UK) have found that these exercises have the same advantages as moderate-intensity aerobic exercise but can even be more effective.
8. Communicate on the Internet. Do not underestimate support at a distance – share your concerns. At the University of Southampton, an experiment was conducted with 818 obese participants. It has been found that those who have communicated in an online support group have dropped nearly 3 pounds more than the average person who has been on a 12-month diet. At that, 32% of the participants managed to keep the result within the next year.
9. Focus on your feelings about food. Often nutrition involves problems and anxieties that have nothing to do with food. A poll conducted in Orlando shows that only one in 10 people has thought that his mental condition is the biggest obstacle to overtaking the extra pounds. Emotional attachment to food (as a way to get rid of sadness and stress, to overcome depression, to mark a joyful event) can easily break the strict diet regime. control what you eat and drink.
10. Become a habit of becoming more conscious. This is not a new theory, the benefits of consciousness are scientifically proven, it is able to soothe inflammation, lower stress hormones, enhance the feeling of joy and happiness, reduce the circumference of the waist, improve sleep and lower appetite. Practice meditation to help you find the connection with the feeling of hunger and satiety. Now there are even special mobile applications.
11. Do more of your day off. American doctors have come to the conclusion that people who have respected a vegetarian regime have reduced twice as many kilos as those who followed a normal low calorie diet (6.2 kg vs. 3.2 kg). The vegetarian regime included vegetables, grains, beans, fruits and nuts. The animal fat was reduced to one portion of fat-free yogurt per day.
12. Keep a diary. Many people are supposed to fight obesity, but they eat without thinking. They eat a little here, a little there – and so they take up hundreds of extra calories every day. Record everything you eat – in a notebook or in a mobile app.
13. Replace with prunes. Dried fruits are generally not recommended for people who want to lose weight, but Liverpool University professors have found that people eating prunes every day have reduced their waist circumference by more centimeters than those who kept a diet without that treat .
14. Include useful fat in your menu. For example, the Mediterranean diet, including many vegetables, beans, whole grains, fruits, nuts, olive oil, some dairy and animal fats (mostly fish) and red wine, leads to weight loss. According to a study published in the Lancet magazine, elderly people have respected a Mediterranean diet with a high intake of edible oil and olive oil, and have taken more pounds of study participants, drastically reducing fat.
15. Start with soup. Professor Barbara Rolls of the University of Pennsylvania has long studied the impact of “water volume” on weight gain and weight loss. One of its main findings is that soup broths (for example, Mizo Soup or Chicken Soup with Feta) increase the feeling of satiety. With this cream-soups do not give the same effect, you better give up on them.
16. See with followers. This will increase your chances of success. An experiment involving over 3300 overweight and obese people shows that weight loss people, surrounded by people with similar goals, achieve 20% better results.
17. Cool down. If it’s hot outside, you can let the air conditioner down. Why? A group of scientists has found that people who spent 6 weeks 2 hours a day in a room with a temperature of 17 degrees reduced the volume of fat in their bodies.
18. Eat spinach. It dampens hunger and increases the loss of excess weight by 43%. Women who drank each morning for 3 months of drink containing 5 grams of spinach extract, with about 1.5 kilograms removed. more than those who received placebo.
19. Reduce carbohydrates. To control your weight do not overdo carbohydrates. It is them who are spreading obesity around the world. Emphasize traditional low carb carbohydrate spaghetti or vegetable strips (vegetables cut with a special device in the form of a spiral or tape). Turn away from pretzels, salt, chips and baking.
20. Have fun with the picnics every weekend. And reduce your alcohol consumption. It contains many calories and can affect the outcome of your diet. It also affects your will and may break your personal bans.
21. Sleep. Undoubtedly, job or family duties can prevent you from sleeping for 8 hours or more. However, studies show that healthy sleep plays an important role in weight control. Every lost hour sleep reduces your chances of losing weight.
22. Put the sun on you. According to US physicians, vitamin D (which is formed by ultraviolet rays) helps postmenopausal women significantly increase their muscle mass and limit their loss. By preserving the muscle mass, one is more mobile, less inclined to traumas and burns more calories in a state of rest.
23.Drink more water. Although water can not melt the fat, it plays an important role in burning calories. A German study mentions that when drinking 2 cups of water (about half a liter), calorie burning increases by 30% within 10 minutes. This effect is maintained for one hour. That’s why everything is simple – two glasses of water 4 times a day.
24. Improve your portions. Our eyes usually require more than our stomach. Most of us can not eat the same portions as they did before 5 years. To find the optimal quantity of your favorite products, read the table with the nutritional value of the label and the recommended portion volume. Also, over a week, weigh and measure everything you eat to get a better idea of what a healthy portion of food is.
25. Replace the dishes. Once you have determined the optimal portion size, replace the dishes. The older you age, the smaller your plates and cups should be. And remember, the larger the plate, the smaller the portion in it looks like. It is not by chance that people are able to put in a glass of 30% more muesli if it is bigger. And that means 30% more calories.
26. Record on a regular kitchen. If you have a busy schedule, look for catering services for daily dietary meals in portions. A study by the University of California found that 74 percent of volunteers who ate two low-calorie meals a day for 3 months had dropped 8 percent of their original weight while people were dropping their own weight loss plan by 6 percent.
27. Find a good doctor. According to a poll conducted at Johns Hopkins Medical School, “doctor-patient” relationships play a key role in weight control. Patients who thought their doctor was sympathetic, showed good communicative habits, seemed trustworthy, and supported their patient, almost twice as many kilograms as those who were not so well-behaved to their doctor.
28. Join in associations. As a rule, 50% of people who took a “clinically meaningful” kilogram (over 5% of body weight) are willing to join associations of weak people and are happy to support each other.
29. Set yourself small targets. Do not try to skip the whole gap with one step. The key to success is to step by step. If you want to download a two-digit number of pounds, emotions can make you a bad joke and prevent you from thinking rationally. Once you lose 1-2 pounds, you can make a little celebration and spot the next mini-goal.
30. Remember that all roads lead to victory. If you gradually lose weight and lose 1-2 pounds a week, this is good news – your mode is perfect for lasting tightening of the figure. Indeed, scientists have found that different people have different types of healthy lifestyles. The right way is not just one. Slow progress does not mean defeat. As well as the fact that the quick-dropped pounds are quickly gaining back, it is also a myth.